Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vote For Motown!



Forget Obama Vs McCain, here's the vote you can't miss: the Motown 50 vote!
As a celebration of Motown's 50th anniversary, Universal (the label's current owner) has enabled a voting page for the label's best tracks ever. Voters choose their top 5 songs, and the winners will be included in the Motown 50 celebration album. All the great artists are there: Marvin Gaye, the Jackson 5, Smokey Robinson, the Supremes... I can't say I grew up listening to them (more likely, my parents did), but these songs are all classics to me, they've helped shape my musical taste. As a matter of fact, I'm considering a Motown update to the blog playlist.
I've already cast my vote:
1) The Tracks of My Tears - Smokey Robinson
2) Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Diana Ross
3) ABC - The Jackson 5
4) Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
5) You Can't Hurry Love - The Supremes
I enclose a link to the page:
http://www.universalmusiconline.com/motown-50-vote/


Marvin Gaye seeks inspiration during a recording session

No comments: